"Burning Buried Sunshine" in the media
The paper "Burning buried sunshine: human consumption of ancient solar energy" has received a fair amount of media attention. Below are some links to the coverage:
Free to all (electronic versions):
- The Economist (weekly newsmagazine, UK)
- U.S. News and World Report (weekly newsmagazine, USA)
- ABC News online (online edition of national network news, USA)
- Der Spiegel (weekly newsmagazine, Germany)
- Discover Magazine (monthly popular science magazine, USA)
- The Guardian (daily national newspaper, UK)
- Die Welt (daily national newspaper, Germany)
- Earthbeat (weekly environmental radio program, Australia) Listen with RealPlayer.
- Quirks and Quarks (weekly science radio program, Canada) Listen to mp3.
- Natural History Magazine (monthly science magazine, USA)
- The Salt Lake Tribune (daily newspaper, USA - front page story!)
- The Washington Times (daily newspaper, USA)
- Nature Science Update (online science news affiliated with Nature magazine)
- Slashdot (web "news for nerds", USA)
- ...and many more web sites in the U.S., Estonia, Italy, South Africa, and other parts of the world.
Available to subscribers only:
- Die Tijd (national business newspaper, Belgium)
- Half-hour segment on "The Public Affairs Hour" with Blair Feulner (daily show on public radio KCPW-FM, Salt Lake City and KPCW-FM, Park City)
- Half-hour segment on "Access Utah" with Lee Austin (daily show on Utah Public Radio, out of KUSU-FM, Logan)
- Bilim ve Teknik (science magazine, Turkey)
Here's the original University of Utah press release. This release was the fourth most downloaded of 2003 from the EurekAlert! science news service.
Dukes, J.S. 2003. Burning buried sunshine: human consumption of ancient solar energy. Climatic Change, 61(1-2): 31-44. Original article in pdf format.
Back to Jeff Dukes's homepage.